- by Manipal Hospitals
- 0 Shares
- Aug 17 2017
Matters of the heart!
When it’s a matter of our heart, it must be taken special care of. It’s not only the principal organ of our Vital Faculty, but also the seat of all our emotions. Hence, it is extremely important that our heart remains in good shape for our overall physical and mental health. A lot of it depends on the food we eat. In this blog, we’ll discuss what kind of food should we eat to keep our heart hale & hearty:
1.Oatmeal – Oats are full of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Potassium and Folate. It lowers your LDL cholesterol as a result of which our arteries remain unclogged. Adding banana to your regular bowl of oats will not only make it taste better but also provide your body with essential fibers. According to studies, oats not only prevent heart diseases but also play a vital role in stabilizing sugar.
2. Olive Oil – It is called heart friendly oil as it helps lower cholesterol levels. Using olive oil as an alternative to butter, ghee etc. keeps our heart in good health.
3. Nourishing Nuts – Nuts are a good source of polyunsaturated fat and Omega 3 fatty acids. Almonds, walnut, etc., are also a good source of fiber and good fat, which is extremely good for your heart.
4. Legumes: Lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas are a rich source of soluble fiber and omega – 3 fatty acids. Including these in your diet surely, keeps heart diseases at bay!
5. Apples – Because of the anti – inflammatory properties of apple, it is considered to be a good snack for your heart. Also quercetin and anti – oxidants present in apples makes it a wholesome fruit in every way.
6. Spinach – A high source of folate, fiber and potassium, spinach is another heart healthy food that you may include in your diet. Thereby reducing the risk of getting a heart disease.
Though diet is part of it, an active lifestyle is also important to prevent ailments of the heart. This includes regular exercise reducing on junk food and quitting smoking habits if you’re a smoker. A healthy lifestyle is the key to prevention for not only heart diseases but also many other serious conditions that might affect the heart.
© Copyright MANIPAL HOSPITALS
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.