- by Dr Mini Nair
- 0 Shares
- Jun 22 2017
Marma Therapy-Know more
What is Marma Therapy?
Marma Therapy is a vital piece of Ayurveda that keeps up the health by purifying the blocked energy.
The word Marma is originated from a Sanskrit source - Mrin Maranae. The Sanskrit expression - mriyatae asmin iti marma signifies there is probability of death or severe harm to well-being when these points are affected. Subsequently, these areas are called marma. Marma in Sanskrit additionally implies secret. By definition, a Marma point is a joint on the body where at least two kinds of tissue meet, for example - muscles, veins, tendons, bones or joints.
107 Points to Healing
Marma therapy uses 107 points into the body & consciousness. The brain is considered as the 108th marma.
Major marma points relate to the 7 chakras, or energy centers of the body, while the minor points spread along the limbs & torso. These points run in size from 1 – 6 inches in diameter. The points were mapped out in detail hundreds of years prior in the 'Sushruta Samhita ', a classic Ayurvedic content.
The points cover both the front & back of the body, incorporating
- 22 on the lower extremities
- 22 on the arms
- 12 on the chest & stomach
- 14 on the back
- 37 on the head & neck
What Happens During Marma?
In Marma therapy, a light incitement of points is done on the body. It expels blockages from the marma points giving physical & mental power & relaxation. This is an intense procedure & a treatment that works with these delicate & sensitive energy points to open the vitality channels in the body are called srothas.
When Marma points are tenderly pushed on the skin can fortify a chain of positive events.
Why is Marma Good for You?
Marma treatments are significant & work at various levels - physical, mental, spiritual & emotional & can make sensational moves in the body.
- Alleviate constant & severe torment, both locally & remotely
- Detoxification at all levels.
- Significant change in bodily /organ functions, particularly respiratory, neural, immunity, psychological & digestive
- Healthier skin & a brilliant appearance
- Balances body temperature & can adjust the doshas
- Releases neuro-chemicals, for example - serotonin, melatonin for enhanced intellectual capacity & more profound sleep
Advantages of Marma treatment
- All the advantage of usual massage.
- Energizes the organ systems & tissues
- Refreshes tissue
- Alleviates physical & mental blockages of vitality
- helps evacuate overabundance ama or toxins
- Hinders aging
- Enhances lymph
- Enhances the assurance from vata issue
- Nourishes the body
- Promotes great sleep
- Enhances physical steadiness
- Balances the dosha
- Helps easy flow of vitality through the vitality channels.
- Helps to discharge blocked vitality & help in preventing infection.