- by Dr. Mini Nair
- 0 Shares
- Jun 22 2017
Marma Therapy-Know more
What is Marma Therapy?
Marma Therapy is a vital piece of Ayurveda that keeps up the health by purifying the blocked energy.
The word Marma is originated from a Sanskrit source - Mrin Maranae. The Sanskrit expression - mriyatae asmin iti marma signifies there is probability of death or severe harm to well-being when these points are affected. Subsequently, these areas are called marma. Marma in Sanskrit additionally implies secret. By definition, a Marma point is a joint on the body where at least two kinds of tissue meet, for example - muscles, veins, tendons, bones or joints.
107 Points to Healing
Marma therapy uses 107 points into the body & consciousness. The brain is considered as the 108th marma.
Major marma points relate to the 7 chakras, or energy centers of the body, while the minor points spread along the limbs & torso. These points run in size from 1 – 6 inches in diameter. The points were mapped out in detail hundreds of years prior in the 'Sushruta Samhita ', a classic Ayurvedic content.
The points cover both the front & back of the body, incorporating
- 22 on the lower extremities
- 22 on the arms
- 12 on the chest & stomach
- 14 on the back
- 37 on the head & neck
What Happens During Marma?
In Marma therapy, a light incitement of points is done on the body. It expels blockages from the marma points giving physical & mental power & relaxation. This is an intense procedure & a treatment that works with these delicate & sensitive energy points to open the vitality channels in the body are called srothas.
When Marma points are tenderly pushed on the skin can fortify a chain of positive events.
Why is Marma Good for You?
Marma treatments are significant & work at various levels - physical, mental, spiritual & emotional & can make sensational moves in the body.
- Alleviate constant & severe torment, both locally & remotely
- Detoxification at all levels.
- Significant change in bodily /organ functions, particularly respiratory, neural, immunity, psychological & digestive
- Healthier skin & a brilliant appearance
- Balances body temperature & can adjust the doshas
- Releases neuro-chemicals, for example - serotonin, melatonin for enhanced intellectual capacity & more profound sleep
Advantages of Marma treatment
- All the advantage of usual massage.
- Energizes the organ systems & tissues
- Refreshes tissue
- Alleviates physical & mental blockages of vitality
- helps evacuate overabundance ama or toxins
- Hinders aging
- Enhances lymph
- Enhances the assurance from vata issue
- Nourishes the body
- Promotes great sleep
- Enhances physical steadiness
- Balances the dosha
- Helps easy flow of vitality through the vitality channels.
- Helps to discharge blocked vitality & help in preventing infection.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.