- by Manipal Hospitals
- 0 Shares
- May 29 2017
Major Symptoms Of Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Symptoms
Breast Cancer has been a major health concern among women for a very long time now. For this reason, it is very important for every woman to be aware of the signs and symptoms of breast cancer so that they can get the best medical aid in case of any suspicious abnormalities in their breasts.
At the very first stage, the symptoms of breast cancer are almost impossible to notice without having a proper knowledge of the symptoms. Most people initially notice one or two symptoms, but the appearance of those does not always mean that you have breast cancer.
Knowledge of the symptoms of breast cancer will help you to self-examine your breasts on a regular basis to look out for any abnormalities. You will be able to detect any changes in the breasts which in turn will help you to facilitate medical aid much faster.
1 Major noticeable changes in the breast:
If you are affected by breast cancer then you will be able to notice the changes in the way your breast feels. Here are a few changes to look out for:
- The appearance of a lump near the underarm or the breast. Changes in the tenderness of nipple are also a symptom.
- Another major symptom of breast cancer is the change in the texture of the skin of your breast. Breast cancer survivors often describe this changed texture of the skin to be similar to that of orange peels. Enlarged pores in the breast skin can also be regarded as a warning.
- You must also be cautious about the thickening of the breast near the nipple or the underarm.
2 Changes in the breast or nipple appearance:
With the onset of breast cancer, the appearance of your breast or nipple also changes and it is your duty to identify those changes to get the best medical treatment at the right time. Here are a few changes in appearance that you should look out for:
- Sudden change in the shape or size of your breast that is unexplainable
- Appearance of dimpling anywhere near the breast
- Swelling or thickening of your breast that is mostly on one side
- Unexplained shrinking of the breast on one side
- Changes in the symmetry of the breast
- Crooked appearance of the nipples
- Reddening of the skin around your breast, nipples or areola.
3 Liquid discharge from the nipples:
If you notice any milky discharge out of your nipples even when you are not breastfeeding then it can be a possible warning of breast cancer. Sometimes blood can also come out with the whitish liquid from your nipple.
Breast Cancer can be a difficult condition for women. Know about the symptoms accurately and self-examine your breasts in a regular basis. If you notice anything abnormal about your breasts then do not waste time and avail medical treatment as soon as possible.
© Copyright MANIPAL HOSPITALS
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.