- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 13 2017
Maintaining Oral Hygiene
Oral hygiene is important not only to maintain clean and healthy teeth but poor oral care is linked to heart issues and diabetes. Here are some practices that can help you maintain good oral hygiene:
- Brushing is the important practice without a doubt. Using a fluoride toothpaste and brushing twice a day, once in the morning and then again at night after dinner.
- Flossing once a day helps get rid of any particles stuck in between the tight portions of your teeth. It is advisable that you floss before brushing so that the fluoride can cover more surface are of the tooth.
- Mouthwash helps in fighting bacteria and keeps mouth fresh. Rinsing also eliminates bad breath.
- Avoid consumption of tobacco as is causes oral cancer and other oral complications
- Limit consumption of sodas, alcohol and coffee as they cause tooth decay and gum disease because the phosphorous content in them depletes calcium levels and causes discoloration of teeth.
Visit your dentist once or twice a year to ensure your teeth are healthy and oral hygiene levels are maintained.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.