- by Avyang Health Care
- 0 Shares
- Nov 13 2017
Leg Massage for Relieving Pain
The word massage alone triggers deep relaxation and stress relief. It eases pain and promotes healing in sore muscles. Researchers found that massage affects the activity of certain genes, directly reducing inflammation in muscles. Massage dampened the activity of proteins known as inflammatory cytokines, which cause inflammation and pain. It also increased levels of proteins that signal the muscles to produce more mitochondria, the cell structures that produce energy and help muscles recover from activity.
Leg massage techniques are quite popular all around the world. Now a day’s people complain of aching legs and feet.
- Sitting or standing for many hours of the day
- Hours of running and walking
- Lifting heavy weights
- Previous leg injury
- Lack of healthy diet
- Arthritis and other various chronic diseases
Leg muscles can be easily relaxed with the help of hands. There are various leg massage techniques which can also be done by own or with the help of someone.
The leg massage techniques that can be done at home are as follows:
- Apply pressure on the hamstrings and shins with the use of your fingertips. Keep switching the hand positions every few seconds.
- Press each thigh with both your hands by applying pressure with the help of your balm.
- Apply pressure on the entire leg with the use of your elbows. The elbow will have a much deeper impact on the affected area.
- Use your knuckles to apply pressure on the calves and thighs.
- Give the hot and cold treatment to the entire leg. Apply a heating pad and an ice pack simultaneously for five minutes each.
Use natural or herbal oils in the leg massage process. The oils give a soothing effect and make you feel much better. Olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil and much more can be used. It is advisable to receive a leg massage from a professional masseur or a physical therapist.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.