- by Dr Riddhi Sanghani Ayur Jagruti Sri Sri Ayurveda clinic
- 0 Shares
- Feb 06 2018
Kizhi Ayurvedic Treatment
Kizhi is a special Ayurvedic massage which is performed using satchels. These satchels are basically cotton bags which contain various herbs, rice and sand.
How is Kizhi performed?
Depending on the type of material used, Kizhi therapy is of different types:
- Podi Kizhi- this method uses dry, powdered herbs for therapy
- Ela Kizhi- uses raw herbs like leaves and roots
- Navara Kizhi- this therapy uses a special rice called Navara rice
- Manal Kizhi- uses sand particles for treatment
The procedure and benefits of Kizhi massage
This Ayurvedic massage generates dry heat that treats aggravated Vata and Vatakapha conditions. This treatment is not recommend for those who have pitta imbalance, psoriasis or any skin diseases.
The small cloth pockets that contain the herbs and other ingredients like rice or sand are heated. Then, these potlis are pounded lightly over the entire body or specific parts as needed.
This Ayurvedic massage is mainly used in pain and stress Management.
- Pain Management: Vata and Pitta imbalances cause muscle and joint pains. The Kizhi massage generates heat that pacify vata which relieves pain and enhances blood supply.
- Stress reduction: The massage improves circulation thus reducing oxidative stress keeping you more relaxed and happy.
- Other benefits of Kizhi
It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of other conditions like:
- Lower back pain
- Swelling and joint aches
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.