- by Dr Vinod Sonavane Bloom Hair Transplant
- 0 Shares
- Jan 24 2018
Is your hair greying early?
Greying hair is an eventually irreversible reality but premature greying of hair is now a common phenomenon of growing concern. Melanin is the chemical responsible for the pigmentation of hair and it is present in every hair follicle. With age, these pigment cells begin to die, reducing melanin production which gives rise to grey/white hair. But, nowadays greying begins with people who are in their 20s, what is the reason?
Causes of premature greying
Lifestyle choice and health conditions have been linked with premature greying.
- People having thyroid can have premature greying as under or overly active thyroid has an effect on the production of melanin.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- People who have Vitiligo are more prone as this condition damages pigment producing cells in the skin and hair which alters melanin production.
- High stress levels
- Poor or malnourished diet which causes nutritional deficiencies- lack of iron, copper and iodine
- Using chemical hair dyes or other hair products and frequent use of straightening irons.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Pernicious Anaemia
Some remedies that might help
- Including curry leaves in your diet or boil the leaves with your coconut hair oil and apply it on the scalp regularly.
- Dry amla/ India gooseberry mixed with coconut hair oil
- Using ashwagandha for the scalp can help increase production of melanin
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.