- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Is active sexual life beneficial?
A healthy lifestyle is often associated with strict diets and gruelling sessions at the gym. Sex is not only enjoyable but works as a moderately intense exercise routine. So, what health benefits does engaging in frequent and safe sexual activity have?
- People who engage in regular sexual activity have higher levels of IgA i.e. improved immunity. This immunoglobulin is the body’s first line of defense that protects the system from potentially harmful organisms.
- Study suggests that men who engage in this activity regularly are less likely to develop heart diseases. Not only does sex strengthen your heart like an exercise does but, it also balances oestrogen and testosterone levels which is beneficial for hearth health.
- Regular intercourse is also linked to lower blood pressure and better stress response.
- Just like an exercise routine, sex improves your balance, flexibility and helps you burn calories. It also strengthens your muscles and boosts your heart rate.
- Sexual activity releases hormones that reduce pain which is helpful in dealing with back and leg pains. It is helpful for women dealing with menstrual cramps and helps with migraines and headaches too.
- Research suggests that men who ejaculate regularly are at lower risk of having prostate cancer.
- Sex releases prolactin and oxytocin, hormones that promote deep sleep.
- The endorphins or feel-good hormones released during intercourse ease stress levels, helps one calm down and relax.
- It helps women strengthen their pelvic muscles which improves their bladder control and this benefit boosts with the practice of kegel exercises.
- Of course, physical intimacy boosts self-esteem and improves the level of bonding and feelings shared by the partners.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.