- by Dr Sheetal Bhatia
- 0 Shares
- Jan 25 2018
How to Deal with Depression during Exams
During exams, students go through the stress and mental anguish. Common expressions of anxiety can include combinations of both the physical and the psychological:
- Feelings of fear, panic, dread and uneasiness
- Sleeplessness/issues with sleeping
- Heart palpitations
- Clammy hands and feet
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling sick
Ways to deal with Depression during exam
- Eat the balanced diet, it helps to feel well during exam periods. Too many high fats, high sugar and high caffeine foods and drinks make their children hyperactive, irritable and moody.
- Taking a good sleep improve thinking and concentration. Most teenagers need between 8 to 10 hours sleep night. Allow your child to wind down between studying for around half an hour.
- Help your child to come up with practical ideas that will help them revise, such as drawing up a revision schedule or getting hold of past papers for practice.
- Remind your child that feeling anxious is normal. Nervousness is a natural reaction to exams.
- Exercise can help boost energy levels, clear the mind and relieve stress.
- Be organised, spend a couple of hours planning out what and when you will do everything can make a difference and take a load off your mind.
- One way to release stress and anxiety is to listen to music. Music that is calm and peaceful.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.