- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
How Can We Prevent a Heart Attack at any Age?
In All Age Groups
- Age hardly matters when it comes to taking care of your heart. There are some simple steps to keep your heart healthy and your age doesn’t matter at all.
- Choose a healthy eating plan as the food you eat can decrease your risk of heart disease and stroke. Eat foods which are low in saturated fat, trans fat, and sodium. Eat lot of fruits, vegetables, fiber-rich whole grains, fish, nuts, legumes, seeds and try eating some meals without meat.
- Be physically active: You can slowly work up to at least 21/2 hours of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity every week.
In your 20s
- Concern a doctor about your diet, lifestyle and checking your blood pressure, cholesterol, heart rate, blood sugar, and body mass index. Do check your blood sugar if you are pregnant, overweight or have diabetes.
- Do exercise daily, it is a lot easier to be active and stay active if you start at a young age.
- Don’t smoke and avoid second-hand smoke.
In your 30s
- Spend less time on couch and more time on the move. Tell your kids to do the same.
- Know your family history, your relative may have a heart disease which increases risk.
- Long-term stress causes an increase in heart rate and blood pressure that may damage the artery walls.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.