- by Dr A Chakravarthy
- 0 Shares
- Jan 27 2018
How can men regain his Libido?
Low libido is described as a decreased interest in sexual activity.
It is common to lose interest in sex from time to time, and libido levels vary through life. Low libido can sometimes be an indicator of underlying health conditions.
- Low testosterone level is the major cause of low libido in men. Testosterone is an important male hormone, produced in the testicles. It is responsible for building muscles and bone mass and stimulating sperm production. It is decreased as person ages, but drastic drop can lead to decreased libido.
- Causes also include psychological factors such s depression, anxiety, or relationship problems, drugs.
- Diseases such as diabetes, conditions such as obesity, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol can affect sexual desire.
- If a man loses interest in sex for no apparent reason a doctor will check the man to try to find the cause. It might include:
- A medical history including medicine use
- A physical examination
- Blood tests
- If low libido seems to be related to relationship issues, talking to a psychologist or counsellor may help to find the cause.
- Antidepressants can be helpful if a man is depressed, but they can also lower sexual interest.
- If low libido is caused by androgen deficiency, testosterone replacement therapy may be needed.
- If related to stress or tiredness may be helped by stress management strategies or counselling.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.