Home remedies for winter dry skin
Avyang Health Care
Koramangala, Bengaluru Feb 6, 2018
Cold, dry winters make the skin lifeless as it takes away its moisture making it flaky and rough. Skin care products available in the market are pricey and contains chemical additives. Try these home remedies that are natural, cheaper and equally effective.
- Olive oil: The healthy fatty acids and antioxidants present in olive oil soothes dry skin. Apply it before a shower or rub some before you apply your regular moisturizer. You can even make a scrub, adding brown sugar and honey to olive oil.
- Milk cream: It works as an excellent moisturizer, helps preserve the skin’s pH levels and its lactic acid is a good exfoliator. Make a paste with milk cream and gram flour or add some lemon juice to it and leave it on for a about 20 minutes before your shower.
- Milk: Helps retain moisture, exfoliates dead skin cells and its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties aid in healing itchy and dry skin.
- Honey: Considered one of the best natural moisturizers it have antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. These help keep the skin soft and acts like a moisture lock.
- Yogurt: A natural hydrating agent that helps keep the skin soft and smooth. Fresh yogurt can be applied directly or mixed with mashed papaya.
- Coconut oil: The fatty acids help restore lost moisture content preventing dry skin. Apply the oil before bed or before a shower for supple skin.
- Almond oil: Lubricates dry skin as a good natural source of Vitamin E and its antioxidants help in maintaining the skin’s overall health.
Aloe Vera: One of the most sought after products for skincare, aloe is very beneficial for the skin. It revives dry skin and prevents skin irritations. You can cut open an aloe, scoop out the gel and apply it directly on your skin.