- by Dr Chaitra Hegde
- 0 Shares
- Feb 17 2018
Home remedies for period pain
Cramping, back pain and heavy bleeding, that time of the month is definitely a tough task. Try these home remedies to ease your period pains and cramps.
- Sesame oil: Traditionally used in the Ayurvedic Abhyanga treatment. Sesame oil contains linoleic acid which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that bring relief when massaged on the lower abdomen during menstruation.
- Fenugreek: Soak up some seeds in water overnight and drink it up for reduced pain during periods.
- Heat packs: Using heating pads or a simple hot water bottle can be extremely comforting. Place the bottle on your lower abdomen and the heat helps relax the uterus muscles. Even sipping on warm fluids and taking a nice warm bath helps you feel more relaxed.
- Tea: Sipping on some tea containing dried ginger and black pepper helps reduce period pain. Make it a herbal tea, add some sugar for taste but skip the milk.
- Cumin seeds: Munch on a handful or prepare a herbal tea made of cumin seeds to reduce period pains as it has a relaxing effects and its anti-spasmodic properties get rid of cramps as well.
- Lemons: Lemon juice has an alkalizing effect which keeps you hydrated.
- Exercise: Practicing some form of physical exercises, yoga and breathing techniques like pranayama helps in de-stressing, relaxes the body and releases feel good hormones called endorphins.
- Diet: Eat a high fibre diet and include leafy greens and fresh fruits to provide the body with essentials which help prevent fatigue and mood swings.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.