- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 12 2017
High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is basically the force with which the heart pumps blood, i.e. the pressure exerted on the blood vessels by the heart during circulation.
Ideal/healthy blood pressure range is between 90/60 and 120/80
If your top number is 140 or more OR your bottom number is 90 or more, you have high BP or hypertension.
Constantly high readings for over 2 weeks means you have high BP. There are a few factors that contribute towards high BP:
- Excessive salt consumption
- Lack of fruit and vegetable intake
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise
- Obesity and overweight
- Regular and excessive consumption of alcohol
- Age and family history of BP
High BP has a huge impact on your health as:
- It causes high risk of heart attacks
- Leading cause for strokes
- Causes Kidney diseases
- Arterial diseases that damage your legs
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.