- by Dr Sahana K P
- 1 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Healthy Tips for Working Women
Pregnancy can cause a lot of stress to a working woman's life. A pregnant woman would require the right information and she needs to be sure that she is doing the best things for her baby’s health. According to experts, the pregnant woman can work until the sixth month of their pregnancy.
They should evaluate their work based on how many hours they work, and whether their job could harm them or their baby. Few jobs are risky during pregnancy, such as heavy lifting, climbing, standing for a long time, and tasks that require balance.
Tips for Pregnant Working Woman
- Eat three to five healthy meals a day as well as nutritious snacks, like sliced raw vegetable fruits, yogurt, cheese, pulses, sprouts, soya, milk and egg products. A pregnant woman should get four servings of calcium spread out over each day.
- Keep healthy snacks available at work such as popcorn, peanut butter, and fruit through the day so that she could munch on. Hunger or low blood sugar can nausea. Keep yourself well hydrated by sipping iced water, lemon juice or barley water.
- Get 10 t o11 hours of sleep every night and resting on either side will help good blood flow to the baby and will help prevent swelling.
- Do not smoke, it may lead to abortion, premature death, low birth weight, and infant death.
- Walk around workplace, it reduces the possibility of blood clots, varicose veins, and swelling of the feet and legs.
- Do not drink alcohol at all. Fetal alcohol syndrome causes severe retardation and birth defects for the baby and it can be caused by even small amounts of alcohol.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.