- by Jiyo Natural
- 0 Shares
- Feb 12 2018
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WALNUTS
Walnuts or commonly known as “Akhrot” are edible seeds from the trees of Juglans genus. They are round in shape and single-seeded fruits of the walnut tree, enclosed in a thick, inedible husk. Walnuts contain significant amounts of nutrients such as proteins, EFAs (essential fatty acids), carbohydrates, vitamins and essential minerals.
Due to the presence of these nutrients, walnuts are highly beneficial to our overall health. Let’s look at some of the advantages of walnuts:
- Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and therefore are highly beneficial to the cardiovascular system. Eating walnuts can reduce the blood pressure levels and encourage the production of good cholesterol.
- Walnuts contain high levels of anti-oxidants that helps keep your immune system healthy. A healthy immune system is symbolic of fewer diseases.
- The omega-3 fatty acids present in walnuts help boost brain health and competency. The omega-3 fatty acids are healthy for the nervous system, improve memory and cognitive abilities.
- It is not well established but few studies have found that eating walnuts can help reduce the risk of breast cancer in women.
- Inflammatory diseases such as asthma, arthritis, eczema, etc. can benefit from the fatty acids present in abundance in walnuts.
- Walnuts contain alpha-linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid that has been associated with stronger and healthier bones.
- The melatonin compound in walnuts are associated with better sleep patterns and help relieve stress.
- Expecting mothers can extensively benefit from eating walnuts as they contain essential Vitamin B complex groups such as folates, riboflavin, thiamine, etc., that are important for a pregnant woman.
- Walnuts are good for the digestive system, control constipation and prevent fungal infections.
- Walnuts contain Vitamin B, Vitamin E along with anti-oxidants that help moisturise the skin, delay ageing, nourishes the skin, prevents dark circles and can be put in face packs for glowing skin.
- Walnut is good for the hair as it promotes a healthier scalp, longer hair, prevents balding and is a natural anti-dandruff agent.
Walnuts are a common ingredient and can be found in cakes, chocolates, desserts and a range of other recipes. You can directly consume walnuts also.
So now that you have all the benefits of walnuts, integrate it in your diet to gain from its nutrients.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.