- by Dr Sheetal Bhatia
- 0 Shares
- Feb 13 2018
Health benefits of Tulsi
Tulsi is a common plant found in the garden which is believed to be holy and is worshiped. Commonly called as Holy Basil, this plant I also known for its healing powers and has many medicinal values.
- Tulsi has antibacterial properties and makes a great remedy for skin problems like irritation and acne.
- For people who have non-insulin dependent diabetes, tulsi has anti-diabetic properties that has the ability to control blood glucose levels.
- Holy basil treatment has also shown significant control in mean cholesterol levels.
- It is believed that people who consume Tulsi regularly are less likely to develop cancer. It helps in preventing cancer and works as a natural cancer treatment.
- Because of its ability to increase antioxidant activity, it prevents skin, lung, oral and liver cancer. It also stops cancer cell growth and prevents it from spreading from one organ to another.
- Cortisol is basically the stress hormone and increased levels can be dangerous as it has an impact on memory and immunity. Tulsi regulates cortisol levels and naturally balances hormone levels.
- Consuming tulsi in any form like tea or leaves helps keep the body and mind calm. It also ensures smooth functioning of the system.
- It is a recommended natural treatment for fever as it has antibiotic and disinfectant properties which protects the body from virus and bacteria.
- Tulsi works as a narural remedy to relieve respiratory disorders like asthma and bronchitis. It also helps relieve deep coughs and respiratory infections like cold and flu. Its anti-asthamatic properties help the person breathe easier.
- It is a good source of Vitamin K which is important to maintain bone and heart health. This vitamin also supports healthy functioning of the digestive tract and brain.
- Tulsi’s anti-bacterial properties prevent cavities, plaue and bad breath ensures good dental health and hygiene.
- Its properties also fight eye infections like conjunctivitis as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.