- by Dt Silky Mahajan
- 0 Shares
- Dec 06 2017
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SUGARCANE JUICE
Sugarcane juice not only makes for a great drink to quench your thirst during the summers, but it also has many health benefits too.
Given below are listed down few health benefits of sugarcane juice:
- Not only does it quench your thirst, being rich in glucose, sugarcane juice provides instant boost of energy. It is the best drink to have during summers to prevent dehydration and fatigue.
- It helps in fighting cancers like breast and prostate as it is alkaline in nature. Sugarcane juice contains a high concentration of iron, calcium etc. which create an alkaline environment in which cancer cannot survive.
- Packed with natural sugars, it is good even for diabetic patients as it prevents a steep rise in blood glucose levels although it is advisable that they drink it in moderation after consulting the doctor.
- Sugarcane juice is good for kidney health as well because it is rich in proteins. It prevents kidney stones and has a cooling effect on the system, preventing urinary infections and STDs as well.
- It keeps the digestive system in good condition and is also healthy for the liver
- The antioxidants present in the juice help boost the immune system and fight infections
- The minerals in sugarcane are good for oral health as they prevent tooth decay and bad breath.
- Sugarcane juice works great on the skin as well because it fights acne and blemishes, keeping the skin hydrated as it is a natural source of glycolic acid. You can even use the juice directly on the skin as a mask.
It is important to make sure the juice is a fresh extract and is consumed within the first 15 minutes of prep before it oxidizes.
If you have any related questions and want to consult with an expert then, you can find one near you on Medikoe. Medikoe is a platform that helps you connect with certified and experienced doctors or healthcare practitioner near you for the best in class medical advice and treatment.
Have a quick question? Get your health-related questions answered for free by experts within 24 hours on Medikoe.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.