- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 1 Shares
- Jan 23 2018
Health benefits of Neem
Azadirachta indica commonly called neem is a common tree with high medicinal value and health benefits. The leaves, bark, extracted oil all have many useful properties. For this reason, it is used in herbal remedies because of its unique composition. What are the benefits?
- It has very strong antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which makes it a great tonic to boost the immune system.
- The same property makes it a good option for treating skin conditions.
- It keep the scalp hydrated and eliminates dandruff which makes it a popular ingredient in shampoos and other hair treatments. It strengthens the hair and keeps the follicles healthy.
- Its strong anti-oxidative properties help in eliminating toxins from the body. This improves the metabolism rate as it stimulates the functions of the liver and kidneys.
- It is a perfect agent for treating acne. A neem pack and facewash eliminates the bacteria that causes the condition and its antibacterial properties prevents it from coming back.
- Additionally, its antioxidants and astringents help in brightening the skin, reducing scars and blemishes, reduces wrinkles and keeps your skin looking young and fresh.
- Regular consumption of neem improves the functioning of the digestive system. It reduces inflammation, reduces ulcers and other issues like cramping and constipation.
- Neem works as an excellent exfoliating agent and reduces the size of pores which helps prevent pimples.
- Applying neem paste or oil directly on skin infections and irritations aids in treating the issue because of its antifungal properties
- It is a popular ingredient in oral health products as its antibacterial properties help in eliminating gum infections, plaque and bad breath.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.