- by Dt Shail Yadav
- 3 Shares
- Nov 15 2017
HEALTH BENEFITS OF FENNEL SEEDS
Fennel seeds, commonly called as Saunf, are a regular ingredient in the household, usually used for flavour. It is, however, most commonly served in restaurants post meals. Have you ever thought why?
- The seeds contain a high amount of dietary fibre that improves digestion by facilitating breaking down of molecules
- Additionally, it reduces cramps and bloating. The oils present in the seeds reduce inflammation of stomach and improves absorption of nutrients
- Due to their natural cooling properties, the seeds are also used as antacids as they prevent acidity after a meal and help maintain a good bowel movement
- Fennel seeds are loaded with anti-oxidants. These prevent unwanted free radical reactions like neurological diseases and carcinogenic diseases. The antioxidants are also highly beneficial for the skin as they prevent acne and delay early signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles
- The high fibre content of the seeds prevents heart diseases as the fibre binds with bile and prevents absorption of cholesterol
- RBCs are vital for our health and the seeds have copper which enhances the production of RBCs. It is also rich in iron and hence is a natural remedy for Anemia
- The potassium content helps in maintaining blood pressure and heart rate
- These seeds are also very beneficial for women as it eases menstrual problems like cramps and is even good for lactating mothers as it increases milk production
- The seeds are great in taste and make a great mouth freshener as well
That’s right, a handful of these tiny seeds are packed with so many benefits
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.