- by Dr Sheetal Bhatia
- 4 Shares
- Nov 07 2017
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER
You hear many people say, drink a lot of water and that it is the solution to most problems. It’s true, drinking plenty of water and keeping yourself hydrated has many health benefits.
- Our body is composed of 60% water and these fluids are responsible for all bodily functions like digestion, circulation, absorption etc. Drink water helps maintain the balance of these bodily fluids.
- It helps in energising the muscles and does not let you fatigue easy.
- Water keeps the skin hydrated which gives it a natural glow and prevents dryness. It slows down the first signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Water helps the body flush out toxins in the form of urine. Drinking plenty of water ensures that the urine passes colourless and free of odour and additionally prevents kidney stones.
- It helps maintain normal bowel functions as lack of fluids causes constipation
- Helps elevate your mood and ability to think
- Relieves headaches and migraines
What happens if you don’t drink water?
Lack of fluids in the body causes a host of health issues
- It causes dehydration which can result in the person fainting.
- Lack water makes skin look dull, causes dryness and wrinkles.
- Kidney stones
- Lack of fluids is a significant contributor towards urinary tract infections
- Our blood is made of 90% water and lack of fluids thickens the blood which increases BP
Although there is no specific amount, consuming 2-3 litres of water a day is ideal to keep the body healthy.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.