- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Jan 05 2018
Health benefits of Cocoa
Cocoa beans are obtained from the Cacao trees and its low fat, finely ground powder is Cocoa. This powder is loaded with minerals that provide carbohydrates, protein, fibres and other nutritional value. It is a common ingredient in chocolates and is available as fine powder for cooking.
- It lowers blood pressure as the antioxidants present in in cocoa stimulate nitric oxide production which relaxes blood vessels. Thus cocoa improves the overall health of your circulatory system.
- Packed with flavonoids and antioxidants which eliminate free radicals and improve metabolism.
- These flavonoids have aid in protection of neurons and help in maintaining brain health. It promotes improved learning, memory and blood flow to the brain.
- Research shows that it helps lower LDL, triglycerides and glucose levels. Also, it increases healthy HDL cholesterol levels.
- It’s resistance to insulin and ability to regulate glucose metabolism makes cocoa good for diabetic patients.
- The xanthine and theophylline contents improve air flow within the system providing relief to people with conditions like bronchitis and asthma.
- The therapeutic properties of cocoa help in healing wounds and prevents infections.
- The flavonoids and antioxidants protect cells and strengthen the heart, making cocoa beneficial for the cardiovascular health.
- Cocoa helps in enhancing your mood and has a certain anti-depressant effects which prevents depression and enhances feelings.
- It prevents copper deficiency and diseases caused by it like anaemia as it significantly improves haemoglobin levels.
- Reduces oxidative stress and fatigue as it releases neurotransmitters.
- Works great for the skin as well, preventing dry skin, roughness and peeling as it keeps skin hydrated and promotes blood flow which keeps skin healthy and soft. This is why cocoa and cocoa butter are commonly found in skin care products.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.