- by Forgreen Foods
- 0 Shares
- Dec 30 2017
Health benefits of Chia seeds
Loaded with nutrients, chia seeds are one of the healthiest foods which has many benefits for the mind and body. Here’s why you should consider eating this energy packed super food:
- They are packed with antioxidants which eliminate free radical production. This prevents cell damage which causes aging and cancer.
- One of the best sources of fibre that doesn’t raise blood sugar levels or require insulin.
- It is a low-carb food and because of its fibre content, it increases fullness and slows down absorption thus making your calorie intake less.
- Chia fibres feed the good intestinal bacteria keeping your system healthy.
- It is an excellent source of protein and essential amino acids which are beneficial for health.
- The high fibre and protein content aids in weight loss making it a good source of healthy dietary intake.
- Chia seeds improve metabolism, lower bad cholesterol levels and increase HDL. This reduces the risk of heart diseases and type 2 diabetes.
- It has high calcium content and other nutrients that are important ingredients which improves bone health.
- Diabetic patients saw significant improvements in their health and reduces spikes in blood sugar levels.
- It is a good source of carb load and is as good as any energy or sports drink and aids in improved performance.
- A single ounce of the seeds is packed with vital nutrients and is a great source of sustainable energy and strength.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.