- by Jiyo Natural
- 0 Shares
- Apr 30 2018
Health Benefits of Amylase
What is Amylase?
Amylase is a starch-digesting enzyme used by the body to digest food. It is produced by the pancreas and it is also produced in the mouth as a component of saliva, it processes carbohydrates into simple sugar. This type of amylase is known as ptyalin and it begins the enzymatic digestion of starches in the oral cavity as food is chewed and mixed with saliva.
Amylase is found in both animals and plants. Its production decreases by age which means that digestion of carbohydrates, fats, and protein gets impaired by age. Food sources of amylase include raw fruits and vegetables, along with sprouted seeds, nuts, legumes, and whole grains.
Benefits of Amylase
- It could help slow the aggregations of antigens as well as the resulting tissue damage from the conglomeration of antibodies.
- It can be effective in reducing swelling.
- It shows amazing abilities in inhibiting the growth of tumor cells with metastatic capacities.
- It can be a very helpful and accurate marker of stress levels.
- It gives more energy to the body.
- It prevents diabetes.
- Improves digestion.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.