- by Dt Sheetal chhabria
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Health Advantages of Manuka Honey
Produced in New Zealand, manuka honey is got from the bees that pollinate the manuka bush. Commonly called as tea tree, the bees that pollinate this flowering plant produce one of the best honeys in the world.
Often called the Unique Manuka Factor(UMF), this honey’s nutritional content is 4 times more than the normal flower honeys and has high antibacterial properties.
- Having manuka honey everyday helps in balancing the digestive system and heals the stomach and intestines from any bacterial effects.
- Applying this honey on the face fights acne and gives you clear, blemish free and glowing skin
- It is effective in down regulating any bacterial genes and is the natural hope against MRSA bacteria
- Manuka honey promotes wound and improved healing. It brings relief to burn patients and reduces inflammation and prevents infection. For this reason it is even used for dressing wounds
- Sucking on manuka honey is good for your dental health as well. It decreases plaque and bleeding of gums
- A spoonful of this honey brings relief to sore throats and reduces inflammation
- You can use with your shampoo or make a hair mask out of it and it increases the natural shine of your hair
- It makes a great detox drink and its rich nutrient profile boosts energy and improves lifestyle
- A spoon of the honey fights insomnia and promotes a good night’s restful sleep
Some people are allergic to honey so, if you see any side effects, consult your doctor immediately.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.