- by Dr Riddhi Sanghani
- 3 Shares
- Dec 15 2017
Have you heard of the herb Brahmi?
Brahmi is an herb that has been extensively praised for its health benefits and has been used in Ayurvedic and conventional treatments globally. It has many beneficial organic components and other constituents that has a positive impact on human health. It can be used in fresh salads, dried and used like other herbs or even just raw leaves chewed.
- Brahmi has the ability to stimulate the mind. It boosts cognitive ability, memory and concentration. This herb has been incorporated in medicine to improve focus and retention capacity.
- For the same reason, it helps dementia and Alzheimer’s patients to reduce the onset of disorders.
- Helps in lowering oxidative stress in the brain keeping the mind sharp even during old age.
- This herb helps in balancing stress hormones in the body and aids in relieving stress and anxiety.
- Brahmi has inflammatory properties which particularly helps people suffering from diseases like arthritis and gout. The plant can be rubbed on affected parts and reduces swelling, irritation and inflammation.
- Its anti-oxidative properties helps in eliminating free radicals that prevents development of cancerous cells through mutation and helps in maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- Boosts immunity and increases response time against pathogens, virus and bacteria.
- It is a good boost for the respiratory system as well as is incorporated in treatment medications for bronchitis, chest congestions and flu.
- It works on the skin as well increasing the rate of healing and reducing the appearance of scars giving healthy, smooth skin.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.