- by Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
- 0 Shares
- Feb 13 2017
Gastritis Diet: Do's and Don'ts
A condition that could be either acute or chronic, gastritis occurs when there is inflammation of the stomach lining. One’s diet has a huge impact on their digestive health. Factors like regular consumption of excessive spice or alcohol makes way for gastritis which could lead to ulcers if not controlled.
Foods to consume on a gastritis diet
- High fibre: apples, oatmeal, beans and broccoli
- Low fat: chicken, fish, turkey
- More alkaline less acidic: fresh green vegetables like spinach and kale
- Probiotics like yoghurt, kombucha and kefir
- Fresh cranberry juice and green tea
Foods you must skip
- Carbonated drinks
- Fried and spicy foods
- Citric fruits and juices
- Processed or fast foods
- Best to avoid anything that aggravates your symptoms like even tomatoes are slightly acidic in nature
Apart from a diet, treating the underlying cause with appropriate antibiotics helps in getting permanent relief from the symptoms. In case of acute pain, over the counter antacids bring relief by reducing the symptoms but don’t address the underlying cause.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.