- by Dr Md Shiyad K K
- 0 Shares
- Mar 13 2018
Foods you can share with your dog
Dog food contains all the required nutrients your little one needs but just like us, the same food everyday gets monotonous for them too. Home cooked foods can be included their everyday diet which can actually be quite healthy for both pups as well as adult dogs. Apart from their regular food, here are some foods you can share with them:
- Rice: A bowl of well cooked rice especially brown rice makes for a great addition to your pets diet too. A bowl of cooked rice can be added to regular pet food to make a wholesome meal.
- Meat: Chicken, turkey and lean beef are a good source of protein for your pet as well. It helps with muscle building and makes them grow stronger. It is important to ensure that the meat is cooked very well as raw or undercooked meat can cause many digestive issues. Avoid old meat and fatty meats like bacon. Well cooked meat, ground or cut into chewable chunks are good for their growth.
- Vegetables: Raw or steamed veggies are a good source or required vitamins and fibre. Some of the best picks are carrots, cucumber, beans, lettuce and broccoli. Skip vegetables like avocado which could upset their stomach.
- Bread- Whole wheat bread cut into bite sizes are good for their gut. Skin anything that contains salt as it increases thirst and causes stomach problems
- Fruits- Except for grapes and raisins that cause damage to their organs, fruits make a good sweet treat option. You can serve up sliced banana, apple, watermelon and oranges to satisfy their cravings.
- Eggs: Scrambled or boiled but never raw. You can even add a few sliced tomatoes, bell papers and a small amount of cheese for flavour.
- Oats: a nice bowl of oatmeal is good for your pet as well as it contains a good amount or nutrients and fibre that aid in growth and strength.
- Yogurt: A bowl of plain yogurt is refreshing and cools their system as well.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.