- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Foods that improve Eye health
Eye health is an important aspect and diet plays a crucial role in improving vision. Apart from exercises, here are foods that are healthy for your eyes:
- Carrots: A rich source of Vitamin A and C, carrots improve eye health as they help in naturally preventing cataract, blindness and degeneration.
- Fish: Fish like salmon, tuna and mackerel are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that improve the health of blood vessels. Helps prevent conditions like dry eye and glaucoma. For those that don’t eat seafood, omega 3 supplements are beneficial.
- Leafy green vegetables: Vegies like spinach and kale contain beneficial components like Vitamin C, beta-carotene and some antioxidants that protect the eyes from damage.
- Eggs: The protein and vitamin A improves the functioning of the eyes
- Whole grains: foods like brown rice and oats have a low glycemic index which is good for the eye. Additionally, they have beneficial components like vitamin E, niacin and zinc which promote eye health.
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like oranges, lemon and grapes are rich in vision protective compounds like vitamin C, B-12 and beta-carotene.
- Nuts: Almonds and walnuts also contain good amounts of omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E which are beneficial for the eye.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.