- by Jiyo Natural
- 4 Shares
- Dec 28 2017
Foods that harm the liver
Liver is an organ that performs many vital body functions. Any damage caused to the liver can cause serious complications that can even be life threatening. Certain foods cause a lot of harm to the liver and should be avoided:
- Excessive intake of refined sugar and high fructose syrups causes fatty build-up which leads to liver diseases.
- Certain herbal supplements can stop your liver from functioning right leading to hepatitis and liver failure.
- Obesity leads to cirrhosis as the extra fat accumulation leads to fatty liver disease that hardens and scars the liver tissue.
- Excessive Vitamin A and supplement intake can cause damage to the liver.
- Avoiding sodas and aerated drinks is always beneficial for the liver as they could contribute towards non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Acetaminophen is a substance that’s present in headache, cold and pain reliever pills. Excess intake of this substance can harm the liver.
- Packaged and baked foods have good amounts of trans-fats. Regular consumption of trans-fats makes you put on weight which affects the liver.
- Hepatitis is a disease that spreads through blood. Coming in contact with this blood through used syringes or any other means is high risk for the liver.
- Alcohol is a definite negative for the liver. Drinking in moderation might also be problematic because you never know what too much is. So, best to stay away from the drinks.
Always consult your doctor before taking any supplements to ensure they cause no harm to your system and if you feel like there’s something wrong get yourself diagnosed.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.