- by Jiyo Natural
- 0 Shares
- Jun 23 2017
Food Safety and Hygiene
The safety of food is not just about eating out. So if you are shopping for food, cooking at home or arranging a party or going out for picnic, the easy cleanliness tips in this article can help you stay away from food poisoning.
Food safety at home
Food poisoning is not something you get outside your home, the food you make at home can be harming as well. The 4 Cs - cleaning, cooking, chilling & cross- contamination can help you detect the possible reason of food poisoning & simultaneously avoid it.
At this moment, your hands could transfer germ, a large number of them. They are undetectable & can spread onto food easily, & can make you & your family sick.
Keep yourself & your kitchen neat & clean by washing & drying your hands completely:
• Before making food
• After touching crude food, particularly meat
• After visiting the washroom
Ensure you keep the chopping board, worktops & utensils clean. In case they have been touched by crude meat, poultry or eggs, you will have to wash them completely.
Keep in mind to change the dish fabrics & tea towels routinely. They may look clean, yet they are the real place for germs to breed.
Germs like E. coli & salmonella are holding up to strike whenever possible. Yet, they can be slaughtered by intensive cooking:
• Always read & follow the directions given on the pack
• Always check your food is steaming hot in the center
• do not heat your food again & again, not more than once
• While heating your food, take additional care as it is already cooked completely
It is essential to ensure that burgers, poultry, sausages & pork are cooked completely. In case there is any pink meat or the juices that have any pink or red in them, germs could sneak. Some meat, for example - steaks & joints of lamb or beef have to be appropriately cooked from outside.
Stop the growth of the germs by keeping the food cold & ensure you put the correct food in the refrigerator. Always check the “keep refrigerated” label on the pack. Your refrigerator is a weapon in the fight against germs, yet it must be utilized properly. Here are a couple of helpful things to consider:
- Keep the fridge at the correct temperature which is in the vicinity of 0°C & 5°C.
- Keep the door of the refrigerator shut as much as possible.
- Let the food to cool down before keeping it in the refrigerator.
- If your refrigerator is full, turn the temperature down to help it battle germs
- Despite all that, a few germs can develop at cool temperatures also. To help guard your food, eat the remains within 2 days.
Keep the food out of the refrigerator for some time if possible & when you are eating outside on a picnic etc. then utilize a cool bag or box.
In case you are putting out the food for a gathering then do not keep it for over 4 hours else germs may host a get-together of their own!
This is the last operation in the fight against germs. They should not be permitted to spread around your kitchen & attack the food which is prepared to eat! This is one of the significant reasons for food poisoning.
However, here are a couple of basic things you can do to prevent it:
• Keep the crude meat & unwashed vegetables separately from cooked food while preparing & storing.
- Do not let the crude meat dribble onto other items. Keep it in a tight container in a refrigerator.
• Never utilize the same knife & chopping board for raw vegetables & crude meat without washing it properly.
Keep in mind the 4 Cs & make your mealtime a healthy & fun time.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.