- by Dr Paramesh S
- 0 Shares
- Jul 27 2017
Fish with Citrus Marinade
Calories - 395 kCal
Why is it an iHealthU recipe?This recipe has a dose of Vitamin C. You can use sweet lime, oranges or even all three!FibreCarbsProteinFat
- 1 kg fish fillet (of your choice)
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 75 ml water
- 50 ml freshly-squeezed sweet lime or orange juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A handful of oregano leaves
- 2 oranges (or any other citrus fruit), sliced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Take olive oil, water, orange juice and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Add oregano, salt and pepper. Place the fish fillet in the marinade and give it a good shake.
- Add the sliced fruits gently so that they remain whole. Cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and grill the marinated fillets, basting both sides with the marinade. Once the fish is cooked, remove and set aside.
- Cook the marinade for about 5 minutes in the same pan, on a high flame, to reduce the sauce.
- Pour over the fish and serve, garnished with sliced fruits. Serve the fish with some sauteed spinach as the colours of spinach and orange contrast beautifully.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.