EVERYDAY ORAL HYGIENE TIPS
Priya dental clinic
Koramangala, Nov 30, 2017
Oral hygiene is important to prevent bacteria from surviving in your mouth causing gum, plaque and gingivitis problems. Lack of cleanliness inside the mouth causes plaque which is a bacterial layer formed on the teeth which release acids that damage the tooth enamel leading to tooth decay. It can also damage your gums causing bleeding or even damage the bones below.
Oral hygiene routine
A regular routine can prevent plaque or other diseases giving you clean, white and sparkly teeth. It also ensures you have fresh breath prevents yellow teeth, cavities and bad breath.
- Brush twice a day with a soft-bristled brush and make sure you reach out to all parts inside the mouth and clean it. This will remove any food particle remains that can cause bacteria formation inside that will damage your teeth.
- Pick an antimicrobial toothpaste that has fluoride content which is good for your teeth as it prevents tooth decay.
- Floss once a day which will keep your gums clean and work between your teeth, removes small particles and prevents gum diseases like bleeding gums.
- Use a tongue cleaner to get rid of bacteria and freshen your breath.
- You can additionally use a regular mouth was to keep bad breath away and keep your teeth clean. Mouth washes can even be used after every meal if you choose to keep your breath minty throughout.
Apart from an everyday routine, it is important to make it a point to visit your dentist for a regular check-up. The dentist might recommend you get a professional cleaning done maybe once a year to remove food stains and brighten your teeth.