- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
A specific developmental disorder, dyscalculia is a condition where the children experience difficulty in comprehending arithmetic. This includes understanding and manipulating numbers as well as mathematical facts. Dyscalculia is often associated with children who have Turner syndrome or ADHD.
Dyscalculia involves difficulties performing everyday arithmetic, which includes:
- Reading analog clocks
- Stating which of two numbers is larger
- Inability to comprehend financial planning or budgeting
- Problems with Multiplication-tables, and subtraction-tables, addition tables, division tables, mental arithmetic, etc.
- Conceptualizing time and judging the passing of time
- Problems with differentiating between left and right
- Inability to visualize mentally
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.