Medikoe Health Expert
Koramangala, bengaluru, karnataka, india, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
A specific developmental disorder, dyscalculia is a condition where the children experience difficulty in comprehending arithmetic. This includes understanding and manipulating numbers as well as mathematical facts. Dyscalculia is often associated with children who have Turner syndrome or ADHD.
Dyscalculia involves difficulties performing everyday arithmetic, which includes:
- Reading analog clocks
- Stating which of two numbers is larger
- Inability to comprehend financial planning or budgeting
- Problems with Multiplication-tables, and subtraction-tables, addition tables, division tables, mental arithmetic, etc.
- Conceptualizing time and judging the passing of time
- Problems with differentiating between left and right
- Inability to visualize mentally