- by S K Diagnostics
- 0 Shares
- Feb 14 2018
Donating blood? Few things you should keep in mind
Try these recommended tips around your donation time for a safe, successful and pleasant experience.
Before you donate
- Consume iron rich foods like fish, read meat, spinach and cereals to improve haemoglobin levels.
- Alcohol and cigarettes are a strict no before donation.
- Consume more water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid fatty foods and fast foods which could hamper your chances of donation, pick a healthy meal instead.
- It is important for you to remember that this could save somebody’s life. So refrain from donating if you think you might have indulged in any activity that might have affected your blood purity.
- Don’t be in a hurry to leave, sip on some juice and eat something immediately after you donate.
- Avoid alcohol for the next couple of days and drink plenty of water to hydrate and refresh your body.
- Don’t try to strip off the bandage immediately. Leave it on for a couple of days to avoid bleeding.
- Skip any vigorous exercises or activities that require you to lift heavy weights.
- Clean the area around the bandage with soap water to avoid rashes and in case of bleeding, raise your arm and apply pressure to the site till the bleeding ceases.
- It is natural that your body becomes weaker after donation. So, if you are feeling dizzy, stop wherever you are and sit or lie down immediately and rest for a while.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.