- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 12 2017
Do you know what is Overflow incontinence?
When you have no urge to urinate but you involuntary release the urine then this can cause embarrassment and problem to your social life. Why does this happen? Is there a scientific/medical reason behind it? Let us walk you through it.
This condition is known as Overflow Incontinence, it happens due to a weak bladder muscle or any blockage in the urinary system.
Symptoms of overflow incontinence
- Difficulty urinating even while feeling the urge to urinate.
- Leakage of urine.
- The unexpected involuntary release of urine.
- A feeling of fullness in the bladder even after urination.
- Urine stream that stops and restarts during urination.
What causes overflow incontinence?
Overflow incontinence can occur both in men and women and the possible causes of it are:
- Certain medicines and drugs.
- Certain health problems related to nerves such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis.
- Certain blockage in the urinary tract such as bladder stone or a urinary tract tumor
- Loss of control or weakness in the muscle that expels urine from the bladder.
- Old age.
- A catheter
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.