- by Soul Kshetra
- 4 Shares
- Sep 14 2017
Diabetic Care-About diabetes
According to Ayurveda There are 20 forms of Diabetes (Prameha): 4 are due to Vata, 6 result from Pitta, and 10 are caused by Kapha. But Diabetes (Prameha) is mainly kapha doshaja disease.All forms of diabetes not treated to, eventually develop into Madhumeha (Diabetes Melitus).
Diabetes is a long term condition in which amount of blood sugar becomes too high to be converted into energy. This happens either because
- Pancreas is not producing enough *insulin (Type 1)
- Cells are not responding to the insulin produced (Type 2)
(*Insulin is a hormone that helps sugar to enter into the body cells to be converted into energy.)
CAUSES OF DIABETES
- Over eating
- Unhealthy lifestyle
SYMPTOMS OF DIABETES
- Excessive urine formation & Frequent urination.
- Burning of palms and soles.
- Increased hunger.
- Excessive Thirst.
- Sweet taste to mouth.
- Weight Loss .
- Blurry Vision.
- Wounds that take time to heal.
- Skin Infections.
- Unexplained extreme fatigue.
Further Complications: Nephropathy, Neuropathy, Retinopathy, Diabetic foot, Coronary Artery Disease, Stroke etc.
Ayurveda’s Role: Maximum people are suffering with “Type 2” diabetes, which can be controlled by improving lifestyle and food habits. Our treatments focus on rejuvenating the body with simple herbs to naturally control the blood sugar levels, thereby minimizing the future complications. A customized treatment plan is adopted that depends on individual constitution.
Customized Treatment plan
- Individual Assessment (to know the Cause, Symptom, Doshas by history analysis, physical examination and lab tests),
- Panchakarma, Detoxification, Internal Medication, Tarpana, Padabhyanga,
- Diet planning,
- Healthy Life style.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.