- by Dr Sheetal Bhatia
- 0 Shares
- Mar 31 2018
Detox water for the summer
Detox water or infused water is basically water infused with beneficial fruits, vegetables and herbs. Water is very important for the body as it is responsible for the smooth functioning of body functions like blood flow, moisturising and elimination of toxins.
Water is one of the key elements for a healthy body and adding ingredients to it gives plain water some taste and added beneficial nutrients.
Common detox water ingredients
- Citrus fruits like orange, lemon and grapefruit as that add taste and a good dose of Vitamin C
- Herbs like mint, basil, oregano and ginger are both healthy and flavourful
- Cucumbers, berries like strawberry, watermelon, aloe, salt and apple cider vinegar are some other ingredients that are added for mineral boost and flavour
Try these water detox recipes for the summer
- Cucumber mint: A cooling and refreshing drink that keeps you hydrated
- Watermelon citrus: Perfect for the summer, the sweet taste of melon combined with a squeeze of lemon and orange juice.
- Ginger mint: Ginger has a soothing effect on the stomach as well as the throat and when combined with cool water and mint, it makes a tasty summer drink.
- Strawberry basil: Basil of tulsi is known for its health benefits while strawberries are packed with nutrients like antioxidants and vitamin C.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.