- by Bgs Gleneagles Global Hospitals
- 0 Shares
- Mar 08 2018
CLOSIS PLUS: Uses and Side-Effects-Dr Suryanarayana Sharma P.M.
It consists of Clonazepam and Escitallopram and is used for short-term anxiety, hypertension, and alcohol withdrawal. It is known as an anti-epileptic and an anti-convulsant and it is used to control panic attacks. It belongs to a cluster of drugs called benzodiazepines and works by inducing a calming effect on your nerves and brain.
What is Clonazepam?
It is used to treat certain seizure disorders and also panic disorders. It is useful in the treatment of the Lennox- Gastaut syndrome, akinetic and myoclonic seizures. It can be used in restlss legs syndrome in adults. It is used for the treatment of panic disorders with or without agoraphobia as defined in DSM-V.
What is Escitallopram?
It is an antidepressant of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor type (SSRI). Escitalopram is mainly used to treat major depressive disorder or generalized anxiety disorder. it is approved for depression (MDD) and certain anxiety disorders: general anxiety disorder (GAD), social anxiety disorder (SAD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and panic disorder with or without agoraphobia.
- Loss of focus
- Increased secretion of saliva in the mouth
- Decreased sexual urge, loss of libido and anorgasmia
- Blurred vision
- Suicidal tendency especially below 25 years of age.
- It is not recommended if anyone has the history of allergy to Benzodiazepine group of drugs.
- It is not recommended if you have an active liver disease or abnormality.
- It is not recommended if you have Acute Narrow Angle Glaucoma.
Take advice from the doctor before taking this medicine. Do not exceed the amount of dose, take only as prescribed by doctors. Avoid consumption of alcohol.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.