- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 12 2017
Cholera and Homeopathy
Cholera is an acute epidemic infectious disease that causes severe watery diarrhoea, loss of fluid and electrolytes, which can lead to dehydration and even death if untreated.
Vibrio cholera is the bacterium responsible for cholera and is usually found in food and water that has been contaminated by faeces from an infected person.
Common sources of contamination include:
- Street food and beverages
- Municipal water supplies
- Vegetables grown with contaminated water
- Raw or undercooked fish and seafood caught from polluted waters
The symptoms of cholera can range from mild or asymptomatic to severe but the common signs and symptoms include:
- Loose skin or loss of skin elasticity
- Sunken eyes
- Dry mouth and feeling thirsty
- Decreased secretion, such as less sweating
- Rapid heart beat
- Low blood pressure
- Weight loss
- Muscle cramps
Doctor can suspect cholera if there are signs of severe diarrhoea, vomiting and dehydration. The doctor may ask you about your recent travel history with poor sanitation facilities. Stool sample could be collected to get a better knowledge of the condition.
Cholera can lead to severe dehydration and will need intravenous fluid replacement along with medications. Other treatment options for faster recovery include:
- Drinking enough water and fluids
- Consuming thoroughly cooked food
- Eating home cooked and clean food
You can take certain safety measures to protect yourself and your family from getting Cholera, such as:
- Washing your face and hands before eating
- Washing dishes and utensils used for cooking and eating
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Brushing your teeth
- Drinking clean water
- Using clean water for ice
- Avoid salads, raw fish and uncooked vegetables
- Avoid street food
- Take appropriate measures while travelling to endemic places
Cholera is a highly treatable disease but if left unattended can cause death due to extreme dehydration. As soon as you spot symptoms of cholera, consult a doctor immediately for appropriate treatment.
Homeopathy for Cholera
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.