- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Nov 18 2017
Chocolate – A Delicious yet Beneficial Treat
You might feel guilty after having a chocolate because it has a bad reputation of causing an increase in weight. However there are number of health benefits connected to it. It has huge antioxidant potential. If the cocoa content is higher and the sugar content is less, the health benefits are more.
These days we can get chocolates in different shapes like kisses, round, squares, bars etc. If you have them in moderation then you don’t have to be guilty of having this treat.
One ounce of chocolate is full of antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. It has proven to be a skin protector from sun’s harmful rays. It can keep your brain sharp and boost your health. Following are the list of the health benefits of the chocolates:
- Chocolate helps your heart to stay healthy: Chocolates has flavonoids which helps the veins and arteries to stay flexible. In a study, where participants were given few servings of dark chocolates, as a result, the risk of getting a heart attack was decreased by about 37% and the chance of getting a stroke were 29% less.
- Chocolates helps in improving the memory as you get older: When elderly people were given the chocolates which were high in flavanols, then their mental functions were enhanced. However these kinds of chocolates or cocoa flavanols had eggs, milk and sugar in it, hence their consumption was less.
- Chocolates can help in avoiding sunburn: The ladies who consumed chocolates with high flavanol content were able to withstand high amount of UV lights on their skin without burning as compared to other ladies.
- Chocolates can improve your mathematics: According to a study, if a child is given 500mg of flavanol in a glass of milk, he can benefit with a better brain which can easily cope with difficult mathematical equations.
- Chocolates can improve your mood: The chocolates have cocoa polyphenols which is advantageous for the mood improvement. It makes people calm and happy.
- Chocolates helps in lower down the cholesterol level: When people were given dark chocolates containing flavanols and plant sterols then their scores on cholesterol were low.
- Chocolates helps with Alzheimer’s disease: In Alzheimer’s disease, the brain’s nerve pathways get damaged which causes certain mental functions. With the help of cocoa extract called lavado, the damage can be controlled.
- Chocolates can help in lowering down your blood pressure: Dark chocolates have flavanols which produces Nitric Oxide, which is helpful in relaxing your arteries. That will again help to take some pressure away from the arteries and as a result blood pressure counts lower down.
- Chocolates helps in reducing pregnancy complications: Dark chocolates have a chemical known as Theo bromine which excites the heart and help the arteries to expand. When pregnant ladies have a high dosage of dark chocolates then the chance of developing pregnancy complication which is known as preeclampsia reduces, in which BP of the pregnant ladies can shoot up.
- Chocolates may help with diabetes: Diabetic people if have the right quantity of chocolate flavonoids then it can help their body’s metabolism and improves insulin function.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.