- by Dr SUNIL DWIVEDI
- 0 Shares
- May 20 2017
Causes of Heart failure
Heart failure occurs due to conditions that either damage or tire the heart or cardiac muscles.
The three common causes of heart failure are
- coronary heart disease (CHD) (blockage in heart blood vessels, angina or heart attack)
- hypertension or high blood pressure (140/90 mmHg or above or 130/80 or above if you have chronic kidney disease or diabetes)
- diabetes or high blood sugar
- Cardiomyopathy or heart muscle disease.
- Heart valve disease or valvular heart disease.
- Arrhythmias or irregular heartbeats.
- Congenital heart defects (birth defect).
Conditions which damage heart muscle:
- Cancer treatment (chemotherapy and radiotherapy)
- Thyroid disorders
- Alcohol or illegal drug abuse
- Cigarette smoking
- Taking too much vitamin E
- Obstructive sleep apnea (sleep disorder)
- Viral infections
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.