- by Dt Shail Yadav
- 0 Shares
- Aug 24 2017
Breast feed - Give your child the gift of immunity & health.
Benefits for the child
- Breast milk provides the ideal nutrition for infants. More easily digested than infant formula.
- Breast milk contains antibodies that help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria. Lowers the risk of asthma, allergies, diabetes and certain cancers as well. Makes them Strong
- Exclusively breast fed babies for first 6 months, without any formula, have fewer ear infections, respiratory illnesses, and bouts of diarrhoea.
- Breastfeeding has been linked to higher IQ scores in later childhood Makes them Smart
- Breastfed infants are more likely to gain the right amount of weight as they grow rather than become overweight children. Makes them Fit
Benefits for the mother
- Breastfeeding burns extra calories, so it can help you lose pregnancy weight faster. It releases the hormone oxytocin, which helps uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size. Makes you fit
- Breastfeeding also lowers your risk of breast and ovarian cancer. Keeps you healthy
- Since you don't have to buy and measure formula, sterilize nipples, or warm bottles, it saves time and money. It also gives regular time to relax quietly with the newborn as you bond.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.