- by Dr Abhishek Solanki Dr Solankis Dental Clinic
- 0 Shares
- Mar 21 2018
Braces and oral hygiene
It is important to maintain oral hygiene and completely get rid of any plaque from the teeth regularly. This becomes more important when you have braces because the wires and brackets create hideout spots for the bacteria. These bacteria cause formation of cavities, staining, bad breath and gum problems.
- Try to brush after every meal, carrying a travel brush with you everyday
- If brushing isn’t possible, make sure you rinse you mouth clean by swooshing a mouth full of water thoroughly and then spitting it out.
- Clean between your teeth at least once a day using dental floss
- Special brushes are available to keep those tiny spaces within your braces clean
- Visit your dentist regularly as per schedule to ensure all wires and brackets of the braces are intact and everything is working fine
Foods to avoid if you are wearing braces: This includes those hard edibles that can cause damage to the braces- popcorn, nuts, hard candy, gum, hard and sticky chocolates etc.
Instead pick softer and healthy options like yogurt, bananas, grapes, oranges, cheese, mashed potatoes, macaroni etc.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.