Bhumyamalaki: An ayurvedic classic
Swarnveda Home of Ayurveda
Krishna nagar, Delhi Mar 7, 2018
Phyllantus amarus better known as the Bhumyamalaki is an ayurvedic herb that promotes liver health. A herb that is bitter in taste but has many beneficial properties, Bhumyamalaki is recommended by Ayurvedic experts for treating many conditions.
Beneficial properties of Bhumyamalaki
- It has a cooling effect on the body
- Soothes and cleanses the system
- Strengthens the liver
- Healthy skin
- Cleanses the gall bladder
- Improves digestive tract health and functioning
Ayurveda promotes the use of this herb as an excellent agent for balancing pitta and kapha doshas.
Uses of Bhumyamalaki
- A paste prepared from its leaves is applied to treat skin infections
- In case of swelling and pain associated with fractures, a paste of the plant mixed with rock salt is applied to the area
- A fresh juice prepared from the leaves of Bhumyamalaki is given in the morning to treat indigestion and acidity
- When mixed with sugar candy, it is taken to treat asthma and coughs
- A decoction prepared from this plant is administered for blood purification
- I case of fever a small dose of this plant’s juice does the trick.