- by Swarnveda Home of Ayurveda
- 0 Shares
- Mar 07 2018
Bhumyamalaki: An ayurvedic classic
Phyllantus amarus better known as the Bhumyamalaki is an ayurvedic herb that promotes liver health. A herb that is bitter in taste but has many beneficial properties, Bhumyamalaki is recommended by Ayurvedic experts for treating many conditions.
Beneficial properties of Bhumyamalaki
- It has a cooling effect on the body
- Soothes and cleanses the system
- Strengthens the liver
- Healthy skin
- Cleanses the gall bladder
- Improves digestive tract health and functioning
Ayurveda promotes the use of this herb as an excellent agent for balancing pitta and kapha doshas.
Uses of Bhumyamalaki
- A paste prepared from its leaves is applied to treat skin infections
- In case of swelling and pain associated with fractures, a paste of the plant mixed with rock salt is applied to the area
- A fresh juice prepared from the leaves of Bhumyamalaki is given in the morning to treat indigestion and acidity
- When mixed with sugar candy, it is taken to treat asthma and coughs
- A decoction prepared from this plant is administered for blood purification
- I case of fever a small dose of this plant’s juice does the trick.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.