- by Fitness Maniac
- 0 Shares
- Jan 30 2018
Best pre-workout foods
Fuelling the body before a workout is very important in order to perform and train better. The nutrients are beneficial in increasing your endurance, reduce chances of an injury and help you achieve desired results.
- Bananas: Best source of energy as the natural sugars, simple carbohydrates and potassium which boost glycogen and blood sugar levels.
- Chicken, rice and vegetables: the healthy meal combo that has been followed for ages is a good source of lean proteins and carbs.
- Yogurt and dry fruits: A quick source of simple sugars and proteins that optimise workout.
- Oatmeal: easily the best pre workout breakfast, it is filling and a slow energy releasing food. A good source of carbs and beta glucan fibre.
- Fruit smoothies: a quick source of glucose/fructose before workout.
- Apple and peanut butter: perfect pre workout snack
- Wholegrain bread and brown rice: both are a great source of carbs and slow releasing energy foods
- Omelettes: perfect source of protein for muscle building.
Pre-workout drinks like smoothies should be taken 30 minutes prior to the workout while heavier meals like rice and vegetables 2-3 hours before the session. Best to avoid fats and take proteins and simple carbs instead.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.