- by Dr Vivekananda Bhat
- 0 Shares
- May 11 2018
Best anti-aging foods to look and feel young
One of the best and most important factors to graceful aging is a regular, nutrient rich, healthy diet. The key to looking young and your system feeling young and energetic is a daily dose of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and antioxidants.
Toxins present in the environment, unhealthy foods and ingredients produce free radicals that damage cells. Antioxidants eliminate these free radicals and promote protection and repair of cells.
- Berries like blueberries and strawberries contain antioxidants called flavonoids that soothe inflammation and improve body’s immunity.
- Pomegranates contain beneficial antioxidants called polyphenols.
- Grapes contain resveratrol which extend lifespan
- Dark chocolate is another good source of polyphenols
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage and sprouts are a good source of antioxidants as well
- Green tea is a great detox that protects cells from oxidative damage
Unlike saturated fats, unsaturated fats are beneficial for heart health. They regulate cholesterol levels and a form of unsaturated fat, omega-3 fatty acids help in maintaining heart health.
Vitamins and minerals
Fresh organic sources of vitamins and minerals have a positive impact on the body.
- Dark leafy greens are high in vitamins and minerals but low on carbohydrates and calories.
- Folate and proteins are packed in beans
- Best source of healthy dietary fibre and other vitamins are whole grains
Products like yoghurt and kefir contain beneficial bacteria that improve digestive health and metabolism.
Heart healthy food that reduces risk of heart diseases and promotes healthy cholesterol levels and vitamins. A handful of almonds or walnuts is a good idea.
Goes without saying, the key to a healthy body is staying hydrated. Water prevents constipation, headaches and promotes healthy functioning of kidneys.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.