- by Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Benefits of Pranayam
Pranayama is a Sanskrit word that translates to mean extended breaths. Prana means life-force which for us is our breath and this form of yoga teaches us the art of skilful breathing. Practicing pranayama involves breathing in many different ways and teaches you the different depths and patterns of breathing and how to change from one to the other.
Pranayama in-stills a sense of calmness and inner peace which helps you make better decisions. Every action affects the rhythm of our breathing and yoga helps you learn breathing techniques which has a positive impact on your thoughts and actions. Mastering pranayama will help you heal your inner self and prevents your mind from wandering.
This form yoga is the perfect way to start your day. Spend 15 minutes every morning focusing just on your breathing in any open space where there is fresh air. What happens when you religiously practice pranayama?
- Relieves stress
- Improved thought process and judgement
- High concentration levels
- Helps stabilize blood pressure
- Improves breathing and relieves asthma and breathing difficulties
- Ensures smooth functioning of the organs
- It gives a sense of right perception and helps with internal healing
- It even aids in weight loss
- Relaxes muscles
- Boosts energy levels
- Prevents easy fatigue and keeps you charged throughout the day
This is the easiest start for beginners and is a simple breathing technique where you breathe through a single nostril at a time. First, you close you right nostril with your thumb and breathe in through your left. To breathe out, close your left nostril with your index and middle finger and exhale through the right nostril. Alternate between the two and practice this for 10-15 minutes a day focussing only on your breathing rhythm. With regular practice you will experience:
- Internal peace
- Balanced and calm nervous system
- Relieves anxiety and stress
- Improved and strengthened respiratory system
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.