- by Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
- 1 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga
Under the guidance of a yoga instructor, yoga has proved to be highly beneficial after giving birth. It has positive effect on her mind as well as body, relieving body pain and helping her find a sense of calmness.
Here’s how beneficial yoga after pregnancy is:
- Back pain is a common problem and in some cases, mothers experience morning sickness after delivery as well. Yoga helps in easing these difficulties.
- It involves many slow, deep breathing exercises which not only teaches you to be calm but improves the core muscles which allow more oxygen to enter the body.
- Yoga gives the body real stretches and works as a complete body work out and strengthens it.
- It helps in getting back shape after pregnancy, increases it flexibility and makes you feel alive.
- From the social point of few, you get to meet other new mothers and create your own support system. Regular classes lets you meet and share your problems and concerns with people who are sailing the same boat and could get you solutions as well.
- It relieves stress, helps in achieving your weight loss goals, strengthens your core and lower back.
- Yoga helps improve your posture after delivery which may have been altered as you might not be able to walk upright during pregnancy.
- It helps alleviate the pressure developed on the lower back. It stretches the leg and lower back muscles, reducing the pain.
- There is a lot of fatigue and stress associated with child birth. Regular yoga practice relieves these aches, pains and is an effective distressing method.
- Consult your doctor before you begin practice especially in case you have had a caesarean.
- It is extremely important that you build your practice slowly with time and start with just 15 minutes a day.
- If you have had a normal delivery, practice gentle stretches till bleeding reduces.
- In case bleeding increases, reduce your intensity.
- Diastasis recti should not be aggravated. If you have this condition, avoid any form of exercise that will make it worse.
- In case of a caesarean,
- Avoid any kind of exercise that stretched the incision area till it has completely healed
- Abstain from any kind of poses except gentle stretching for a minimum of 2 months
- Understand that C-sections are a major abdominal surgery, respect your body and give it the time it needs to heal.
Try a session of yoga, pre or postnatal and feel the difference.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.