- by Ramana Boxing Club
- 0 Shares
- Mar 03 2018
Benefits of Muay Thai training
Muay Thai is a stand-up combat sport that is increasing in popularity not just as a fighting sport but as an enhanced fitness training method as well. This training involves the use of kicks, elbows, knees and punches along with clinging techniques.
Why train in this sport?
- This sport involves a lot of kicking which keeps you on your feet, strengthening your calf muscles and your legs as a whole.
- This training is a comprehensive full body workout as it involves extensive use of both hands and legs. The sport requires the individual to perform high intensity kicks which works on the legs, knees, glutes.
- Learning the art of the Muay Thai round kick is powerful and the training in-stills immense physical and mental satisfaction.
- It is an amazing core workout as the combinations of strikes and kicks are abs and core intensive.
- It is a good cardio session as the training is learned on thai pads or heavy bags. Kicking on thai pads is a high intensity exercise that has cardiovascular benefits.
- This training is beyond just physical benefits but offers a new take in life as it teaches self-discipline which can be used in all aspects of life for productivity.
- Muay Thai improves your competitive ability, helps you visualize efforts, their outcomes and promotes positive thinking.
- Someday, if necessary and a situation arises, Muay Thai can be your self-defence mechanism to get out of a dangerous situation.
- It aids in weight loss as the training works on the entire body and improves cardiovascular endurance combined with pre-workout warm up sessions.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.